- Home Buyers Overestimate Down PaymentsIn a survey from the National Association of Realtors (NAR), one-third of respondents thought that saving for a down-payment would be “very difficult” despite the fact that the average down payment is only six percent.
- Boulder Considers Allowing More Accessory Dwelling UnitsThe City Council of Boulder, Colorado is currently considering loosening restrictive policies regarding the construction of accessory dwelling units (ADUs). ADUs increase the density of a city without increasing its sprawl. They can be built to accommodate extra family members or to rent out for extra income, but their effect on neighborhood populations can make […]
- America’s Most Livable Mid-Sized CitiesRecent analysis from SmartAsset ranked the nation’s most livable mid-sized cities. Highland’s Ranch, Colorado and Cary, North Carolina topped its list.
- Where Are Distressed Neighborhoods In America?The Economic Innovation Group, a nonprofit research and advocacy organization, recently released a report and interactive tool showing the levels of economic distress in U.S. neighborhoods.
- Millennials Discouraged From Buying HomesA recent national survey from Experian reveals that millennials are increasingly opting out of homeownership, the Washington Post reports.
- Home Price Growth Slows Even As Inventory DropsA recent Black Knight Financial Service analysis found that the rise home prices is beginning to stabilize. Despite the slowdown, the amount of housing inventory is continuing to decrease. "There should be 3 million homes on the market right now," said Chief Economist Lawrence Yun of the National Association of Realtors (NAR). "Yet, there are only 1.9 […]
- Rising Home Prices Begin To StallAfter peaking in March of this year, month to month home price gains have been slowly decreasing. This might mean that rising home prices have finally hit their limits, reaching a point where no one can afford to buy. CNBC also reports that annual gain, which has been rising every month this year, finally stabilized […]